Residents of Malling will have or will soon receive in the post a Workplace Travel Update letter for April 2019; detailing ongoing work to manage the transport, including parking for staff at Sussex Police and ESFRS Headquarters.
To update the Headquarters car parking works are progressing well and approximately 57 additional spaces will be completed by mid April (phase 1+2). Works will then continue into the Summer delivering an additional 18 spaces. The further phases will be announced at a later date (see map for details).
Please be advised staff parking off site as frequently reminded to be considerate to the needs of the local residents, in particular, they have been asked to avoid parking on verges, restricting access to driveway and close to junctions. We are aware that on more than one occasion the local bus and refuse collection services have been prevented from accessing the Old Malling estate due to inconsiderate parking.
To further ease parking around the area, Sussex Police have now leased part of the car park at Sackville House for the use of staff arriving to work after 08:30 an and we are encouraging staff to make use of this facility.
Existing sustainable travel Options:
Sussex Police currently operate the following measure to support sustainable travel at their Headquarters:
- Cycle to work scheme and secure Cycle Storage on the multi-storage car park;
- Showers and changing facilities for all staff;
- Rail and bus season tickets available through our payroll department;
- Easit Network – providing discounted rail travel to all staff;
- Discounted bus travel;
- Sussex Police lift share scheme, offering preferential on-site parking for car sharers;
- Free shuttle service from Lewes train station to H (loop) with 8 journeys each morning and 7 in the evening (weekdays).
understand this has been a long standing issue in the local community
and we thank you for your continued understanding as we try to resolve
this ongoing issue; and will continue to update you throughout the
Summer on the next phases.