New CCTV believed to show missing firefighter Anthony Knott in Lewes

New CCTV footage believed to be that of missing London firefighter Anthony Knott has been released by police. Footage can be found here.

The footage shows a man believed to be Anthony walking along White Hill, Lewes, opposite the Elephant and Castle pub, away from the town at 7.19pm on Friday, 20 December. The same man is then spotted on the same road at 7.37pm walking back towards Market Street.

He was then captured on CCTV walking up Market Street – back towards The Lamb – at 7.41pm. This is 20 minutes after his phone was switched off, according to the time captured on the CCTV image – click here to view.

The 33-year-old firefighter was with a group of friends at The Lamb pub in Fisher Street, Lewes, on Friday 20 December, but for unknown reasons he left the premises alone about 7.16pm.

Chief Inspector Sarah Godley said: “This new CCTV footage comes as a result of footage from a number of premises being reviewed in the area. Although it is before the confirmed CCTV image we released of Anthony walking up Market Street at 7.41pm on the evening of his disappearance, it may jog someone’s memory from that night.
“Anthony has a distinctive walk and we believe in releasing this footage more people may come forward with information. We are appealing for anyone in this CCTV footage to make contact with us so we can confirm whether this is Anthony.

‘We would like to thank the public for their tremendous efforts. Please be reassured that if you contact police on 101, every call is assessed at the point of contact and information relevant to this investigation immediately passed to the team dealing – this is the quickest way of passing information to the investigation team.

“Extensive searches continue throughout the local area and these have been supported by local officers, drones, dog unit, London Fire Brigade, East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service, the National Police Air Service helicopter, Sussex Search and Rescue and HM Coastguard.

“In addition to the local area, we have also extended our search of the River Ouse north towards Hamsey, and we will continue to search for Anthony until we get the answers his family are so desperately seeking.

“The flood water has been making some of the searches difficult but we remain committed to our searches to find Anthony. We would like to thank the public for their support in our investigation and remind people of their responsibility for their personal safety when out and about.”