The Met Office has issued an Amber Warning – Wind for Sunday 9th February 2020. Storm Ciara will bring very strong winds and potentially some disruption to travel throughout Sunday. View the full warning at the Met Office Severe Weather Warning site.
The potential impacts of this are:
- Probably some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs
- Longer journey times and cancellations likely, as road, rail, air and ferry services may be affected
- Some roads and bridges likely to close
- Injuries and danger to life is likely from large waves and beach material being thrown onto coastal roads, sea fronts and properties
- There is a good chance that power cuts may occur.
Please follow this advice to keep safe and well:
The Met Office website provides clear guidance on what to do before, during and after storms, please visit their website for more information at https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/seasonal-advice/your-home/stay-safe-in-a-storm .