While the government has announced various schemes aimed at helping businesses deal with the impact of COVID-19, other organisations have launched funds to support entrepreneurs, community groups, social enterprises and freelancers. Here are some that we’ve spotted:
- The Prince’s Trust and Natwest Enterprise Relief Fund is offering one-to-one support and grants to 18 to 30 year olds who are self-employed or running their own business.
- Professional photographers and photography lab technicians can apply for small grants from Bensoc.
- Facebook has launched a Small Business Grants Programme offering eligible small businesses USD 100M in cash grants and ad credits.
- The Fleabag Support Fund will be providing grants of £2,500 to theatre freelancers who are currently unable work.
- The National Lottery Heritage Fund has put together a £50million emergency fund available in grants of between £3,000 and £50,000 for the heritage sector.
- Youth Music has launched an Emergency Fund for music-making organisations who can apply for fund grants of up to £10,000.
- Sport England Community Emergency Fund is awarding between £300 and £10,000 to community sport and physical activity organisations.
- Voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations that have lost significant earned income can apply for grants of up to £50,000 from East Sussex County Council’s COVID-19 emergency funding.
- Also, don’t forget Pay it Forward and the Arts Council emergency response package which we have previously promoted.
However, if you have not yet found out what Government support is available for your business, you can use their new business support finder by visiting: www.gov.uk/business-coronavirus-support-finder.
Who to contact for business advice
If you need help understanding the schemes put in place to help businesses through the current COVID-19 situation contact Business East Sussex on 01273 335878 or visit southeastbusiness.org.uk/east-sussex.
A business advisor will also be able to help you on a one to one basis on a range of matters including business planning, business continuity, leadership and management and funding and finance.