Here is an statement from Seaford Town Council updating the situation relating to easing of lockdown.
Seaford Head Golf Course
In line with the Government’s announcement on 23rd March 2020, Seaford Head Golf Course closed from 24th March 2020. From Monday 18th May 2020 the Course re-opened to the public in line with the Government’s lockdown exit strategy.
Please note that from Friday 24th July 2020, the wearing of face coverings in the Pro Shop is mandatory. Police have the powers to enforce the rules and can issue fines of up to £100 for those not complying. There are exceptions for children under 11 years of age and those with certain disabilities. The Pro Shop will have the right to refuse entry to anyone without an exemption who refuses to wear a face covering.
There are amended rules on play and in particular, measures in place to ensure that social distancing is maintained. In summary:
· Only four people may tee off at any one time (up to four balls) – these may be people from different households and may be members and non-members i.e. green fee players. The Town Council is looking at the feasibility of increasing the number of players per tee and will make a further announcement once all considerations have been taken into account.
· No group booking will be taken over two tee times.
· Arrive only 5/10 mins before your tee time and leave straight after completing your round.
· All tee times should be booked in advance, turning up without a pre booked tee time will not be allowed.
· The first tee time of the day will be 7am weekdays – 6.30am weekends.
· There will be a marked pathway and passing points on and off the course due to the layout of current access.
· Only one person will be allowed into the Pro Shop in addition to staff members – follow the signs provided.
· Social distancing markers will be in place outside the Pro Shop, including in the car park.
· Access to toilets will be open but not to use as changing rooms, please change in car park – all doors will be fixed open to reduce contact with shared surfaces.
· Players are asked to observe the 2 metre social distancing guidelines at all times and the Council can only but trust that players will adhere to this when using the Course and its facilities.
· Hire buggies will not be available – members own buggies can be used if rules are adhered to and social distancing is maintained.
· Membership forms are to be issued via email with the membership cost calculated pro-rata for the year to 1st June (so a 1/6th discount) – other copies will be available at the Pro Shop with Direct Debit Forms if required. Fees will be due immediately and wherever possible, before you play your first round.
The Golf Professional and Greenkeeping team have continued to attend the Course for security and essential maintenance reasons.
Paramount to the Town Council is the safety of its staff, members and visitors to the course, so anyone not observing social distancing or adhering to rules, may have to be asked to leave the premises.
The Town Council strongly urges anyone currently shielding or vulnerable people to refrain from playing the sport until your safety can be more guaranteed.
Please contact the Golf Professional, Fraser Morley, with any questions regarding the Course or rules for play on 01323 890 139 (option 1) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Town Council Facilities and Concessions
The Government announced in June that members of the public may exercise as often as they wish in outside spaces. In light of this, the Town Council has reopened its play areas, outdoor gym, tennis courts, car parks and is pleased to see that grass-cutting has resumed around the town.
In partnership with Lewes District Council, from Monday 22nd June all public toilets were re-opened. The Town Council urges members of the public to take responsibility for their own hygiene and observe all COVID-19 guidance.
Toilet facilities remain unavailable in the South Hill Barn area until further notice as there is no ability to comply with the national guidance at this present time.
The Town Council urges members of the public to use any facilities responsibly, complying with guidance on social distancing;
· Maintaining 2 metres distance from those not a part of your household
· Meeting in groups of no more than 6 people (from 1st June)
· Reducing contact with shared surfaces as best possible
· Ensuring you wash your hands regularly and thoroughly, in particular when you have been outside your home
The Town Council has supported refreshment concessions to re-open to provide take away services in line with Government guidelines and social distancing, most of which opened from 23rd May. Other concession holders are also being supported and encouraged to trade again, following Government guidelines and social distancing. This is however down to the individual concession holder when they wish to re-open.
The Town Council has made the difficult decision to cancel the installation of the eight seasonal short-term rental West View Beach Huts for the 2020 season. This decision was due to the Town Council being unable to provide the required between booking cleaning to limit risks of infection. Guidance permitting, the West View Beach Huts will be installed April 2021.
Town Council Events and Events on Town Council Land
The Town Council is pleased to be able to work with external event organisers again to see some outdoor events beginning to return to the town.
The Town Council is working with event organisers to ensure that they have adequate risk assessments in place, with the necessary COVID-19 arrangements, prior to granting permission to hire the Town Council’s land for their event.
The first boot sale of the year is due to be taking place on Sunday 9th August 2020; this will be a trial event to make sure the necessary COVID-19 arrangements are in place and ensure a safe environment and experience for sellers and buyers. After this a further announcement will be made as to whether other boot sales will be able to go ahead.
During the lockdown period, the Town Council was thrilled to be able to host virtual events such as VE Day on 8th May, Sussex Day on 16th June, Armed Forces Day on 27th June, the Mayor’s Civic Service on 4th July and the Town Forum Presentations on 14th July. Fantastic support and apprec