Maria Caulfield, Local MP for Seaford and Lewes reminds us all to take advantage of the Covid vaccination. Here is her newsletter:-
“The vaccination programme is now calling forward anyone who is 56 and over to come forward for their covid vaccine.
You can book this directly via the online website
or you can call 119
New slots are also available if;
- you are aged 56 and over
- you have previously received a letter saying you are at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
- you are a frontline health or social care worker
- You have a condition that puts you at higher risk and are clinically vulnerable
- you have a learning disability
- you are a carer for someone at high risk from coronavirus
You will need your NHS number to make the booking
Progress so Far
The latest headline stats show: In EAST SUSSEX a total of
- Over 80’s – 93.6% have had their first dose of the vaccination.
- Age 75-79 a total of 94.1% have been vaccinated
- Age 70-74 a total of 92.7% have been vaccinated
- Age 65-69 a total of 82.8% have been vaccinated
- Clinically Extremely Vulnerable 86.8% have beenvaccinated
More progress is being made in tackling the virus locally where
Cases in Eastbourne continue to decline to 49 cases reported in the week ending 22nd February.
Cases in Hastings continue to decline to 69 cases reported in the week ending 22nd February.
Cases in Lewes continue to decline to 49 cases reported in the week ending 22nd February.
Cases in Rother continue to decline to 31 cases reported in the week ending 22nd February.
Cases in Wealden continue to decline to 38 cases reported in the week ending 22nd February.
If you are having problems accessing the vaccine then do contact me as we will do our best to help. Email me on email@example.com
NHS Pay Rise
You will have seen reports over the announcement of a 1% pay rise for NHS staff. This is the recommendation from the Independent Pay Review Body but it is not a final decision. Ministers will be deciding later in the year when pay settlements are due. No one knows more than me, having worked on the COVID wards, how hard our NHS staff have worked during this time and that is why in this financial year a 12% increase was given to newly qualified nurses and a 6% increase overall. I will of course be raising the future pay rise with ministers ahead of the decision they will make on the recommendations.”