Please do as much as you can online rather than by phone.
Links to websites are in full so they can be copied and pasted into your internet browser’s top line.
1) From Lewes District Council –
Southdown provides free mental health phone & video support sessions to those 16+. Find out more & complete a self referral form for their services here:
2) From NHS East Sussex CCG –
On line prescription renewals for collection at a local pharmacy (via the NHS App):
It is important to only request your repeat prescriptions when they are running low as you usually would, to ensure that everyone can continue to get the medicines they need, when they need them. Order online or through the NHS App:
3) From East Sussex Youth Cabinet –
Stay informed: queries about cancelled exams and what that means? See FAQs t:
4) From NHS in East Sussex –
If you need an appointment with your GP practice:
• Contact your surgery as normal, and not to arrive at the practice unless specifically being told to do so following an initial assessment by a suitably trained clinician.
• Give an accurate and detailed description of your symptoms.
• You might not be seen at your usual surgery – following assessment you will be directed to a specific site locally to best deal with your health needs in the safest way.
• Patients with COVID-19 symptoms who are not in need of hospital treatment, but has a primary care need, will be given an appointment at a so called ‘hot site’ or ‘zoning practice’ rather than their own practice.
• Hot sites DO NOT undertake testing for COVID-19.
Full details at:
5) From East Sussex County Council –
Tips & activities for children with special needs & disabilities while staying at home – also includes tips on looking after yourself and talking to your children about the coronavirus. Full details at:
6) From Lewes District Council –
Covid-19 (coronavirus) community hub to support members of our community who are vulnerable and isolated. Internet forms at:
or telephone 01273 099956
(both run 08:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday)
7) From Sussex Community Partnership NHS Trust –
Sussex Mental Healthline Helpline is open 24/7 on:
0300 5000 101
8) From Lewes District Council –
Local food and drink businesses offering takeaway and food box deliveries are listed at:
A Government video with advice on the safety of takeaways:
9) Natural Apptitude –
Looking for the positives in #lockdown – we share our thoughts on a fantastic project we’ve been supporting led by @SussexWildlife – The Back Garden Bird Race.
All this on CLive Mellor’s afternoon show -catch Clive every weekday from 4.00 pm – 7.00 pm for all the updates you will ever need on the Drive Home show – especially all the roads and transport.