New Covid restrictions which affect all of us in East Sussex have been announced by the Government.
In Hastings and Rother
Hastings and Rother have been placed in a new tier (tier 4 – stay at home) because of the very rapid spread of the virus.
The new restrictions mean:
- you must stay at home whenever possible
- non-essential shops must close
- gyms, hair and beauty and other close contact services must close
- you can only meet one other person not from your household and only in an open public space
- you must not travel to areas in other tiers (unless it’s absolutely essential for work, medical reasons or education)
- no travel abroad
- no mixing of households at Christmas
- support bubbles are still allowed
- communal worship can continue
In Eastbourne, Lewes and Wealden
Eastbourne. Lewes and Wealden remain in tier 2 (high alert) but the rules for Christmas have changed.
- You can still meet in a bubble of up to three households, but only on Christmas day
- You cannot include households from tier 4 in your bubble
You are strongly advised to ‘stay local’ whenever possible and act as if you carried the infection. You should not leave the country except for urgent work reasons.
The government will continue to review health and infection data and will decide on any new changes to tiers by 30 December at the latest.
The website will be updated with more help and information about coronavirus in East Sussex