Maria Caulfield, our Local Member of Parliament has this encouraging message for us:-
“The vaccination programme is now calling forward anyone who is 65 and over to come forward for their covid vaccine.
You can book this directly via the online website here or you can call 119
This site can be used by anyone if
- you are aged 65 and over
- you have previously received a letter saying you are at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
- you are a frontline health or social care worker
You will need your NHS number to make the booking
Progress so Far
The latest headline stats show: In EAST SUSSEX a total of
- 36,277 over 80s (89%) have had their first dose of the vaccination.
- In the age bracket 75-79 a total of 25,361 have been vaccinated (89%), and
- 28,702 (74%) of those aged 70-74 have now had their first dose of the jab.
- So far 15,532 people considered clinically extremely vulnerable in East Sussex have had the vaccination first dose (74%)
More than 382,000 vaccinations have been delivered across the whole of Sussex, including 94,120 this week
week has past and we are making more progress locally.
Covid cases are now 256 per 100,000 across the constituency which is a reduction of 33% on last week.
However hospital admissions and deaths remain high so we all need to stick to the restrictions to reduce spread further.
Cases in Eastbourne continue to decline from 375 to 177 cases reported 3 and 10 February respectively.
Cases in Hastings continue to decline from 247 to 153 cases reported 3 and 10 February respectively.
Cases in Lewes continue to decline from 264 to 158 cases reported 3 and 10 February respectively.
Cases in Rother continue to decline from 191 to 101 cases reported 3 and 10 February respectively.
Cases in Wealden continue to decline from 316 to 197 cases reported 3 and 10 February respectively.
If you are having problems accessing the vaccine then do contact me as we will do our best to help.”
Email on email@example.com