This is a statement issued by Seaford Town Council concerning some relaxations of Covid restrictions:-
“The Town Council has been regularly monitoring the situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) both locally and nationally. Following the most recent announcement made by the national Government on 22nd February 2021 and the roadmap to exit from lockdown, the following arrangements are in place:
The View at Seaford Head
The View will be re-opening to the public on Thursday 15th April 2021 with temporarily amended opening hours as follows:
Thursdays to Sundays, 8am-5pm
Mondays to Wednesdays, closed
Monday 3rd May Bank Holiday, 8am-5pm
In line with step 2 of the Government’s easing of restrictions, this will initially be for outdoor hospitality only. Indoor hospitality will be introduced once allowed, which is currently step 3 and is anticipated to be not before 17th May 2021, although is subject to chance).
The View has a spacious outdoor seating area in close proximity of the free parking and toilet facilities, with undisturbed views across Seaford bay. In addition to this is the viewing balcony that runs on the seaward side of the venue, with additional seating.
The menus and activities at The View will be adapted whilst operating an outdoor-only service and again when indoor seating is allowed.
If you have any questions or would like to make a booking for the future, leave a message at 01323 890139 (option 3) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org . A member of staff will respond to your enquiry as soon as possible. Any bookings are subject to restrictions that may be in place.
The View wishes to thank all its loyal customers for their support in these difficult times and looks forward to welcoming customers back.
Seaford Head Golf Course
Seaford Head Golf Course re-opens on Monday 29th March 2021.
There are amended rules on play and in particular, measures in place to ensure that social distancing is maintained. These restrictions will be in place until 12th April 2021. In summary:
· Only four people may tee off at any one time (up to four balls) – these may be people from different households and may be members and non-members i.e. green fee players. The rule of 6 applies outside so no group including caddies etc is to exceed 6 (max 4 players only per tee).
· No group bookings at this time.
· Arrive only 5/10 mins before your tee time and leave straight after completing your round.
· All tee times should be booked in advance.
· The first tee time of the day will be 7am weekdays – 6.30am weekends.
· The Pro Shop is closed at this time. Payments to be made at the door of the Pro Shop.
· Please make sure face coverings are worn in all inside areas.
· Access to toilets will be open but not to use as changing rooms, please change in car park – all doors will be fixed open to reduce contact with shared surfaces.
· Players are asked to observe the 2 metre social distancing guidelines at all times and the Council can only but trust that players will adhere to this when using the Course and its facilities.
· One group only on the tee at one time.
· Hire buggies will be available to hire. This should be done in advance as numbers and times are limited.
The Golf Professional and Greenkeeping team have continued to attend the Course for security and maintenance reasons and are proud to have the course in excellent condition ready for re-opening.
Please check the website for updates on restrictions after April 12th when confirmed.
Please contact the Golf Professional, Fraser Morley, with any questions regarding the Course or rules for play on 01323 890 139 (option 1) or by email at email@example.com
Town Council Facilities and Concessions
Public toilets, playgrounds, car parks and public spaces remain open.
Outdoor sporting facilities re-opens from 29th March 2021.
Refreshment concessions have remained open during third lockdown, in line with Government guidance. The Town Council is however mindful of the Government advice to stay at home and are reminding concession holders of their responsibilities and ensuring that they have the necessary measures in place to maintain strict social distancing.
Non-food and drink retail concessions remain closed and hope to be able to reopen with step 3 of the Government’s roadmap, anticipated as not before 12th April 2021 (although this is subject to change).
Town Council Events and Events on Town Council Land
At this stage, there are no planned Town Council events.
The unfortunate decision has been taken to cancel plans for the Seahaven Armed Forces & Veteran’s Day usually held in late-June, due to the challenges of hosting an event of this nature safely and in line with the restrictions that may still be in place by this date. Details regarding alternative ways to commemorate this occasion will be announced in due course.
The use of Town Council land is permitted, only once a COVID-specific risk assessment has been considered and approved with the open spaces application. Town Council officers are working with the likes of fun fair operators and boot sale organisers to make arrangements to see these return for 2021. Again, details will be released in due course.
Town Council Meetings
The Town Council will continue to hold all Council and Committee meetings virtually rather than in person until 6th May 2021; after this date all meetings will by law have to return to physical meetings.
To confirm, this includes the re-opening of Seaford Head Golf Course (from today, 29th March) and plans for the re-opening of The View bar and restaurant from 15th April, as well as relevant updates regarding Town Council events, facilities, projects, and meetings.”
Slowly but surely things start up.